Saturday, August 21, 2010

What percentage of uk men and women over 50 are not married?

I am 23 years old and don't want to get married. But it seems like all the people after certain age want to get married are do get married. I was just wondering what percentage of people never actually get married or have childrenWhat percentage of uk men and women over 50 are not married?
I am 52 and not married.





On forms these days I write ';single';. I became a Roman Catholic in 2002, partly because I do not agree with divorce any more than they do. I was married from 1984, separated in 1991 and divorced in 1993. From then I was in a kind of limbo, neither being married nor recognising my divorce, so in the end I decided to become a Catholic and seek an annulment. The annulment finally came through last year.





This means, with certain conditions, I am free to marry in the church, and that this will be treated as a first marriage. My previous marriage being a sham marriage and invalid, which suits me well enough.





I have two grown-up children who I never see any more (they were slowly turned against me) and their mother has married the father of her third child who was conceived when I was still living with her.





I would dearly love to get married, and finally put an end to this limbo, but finding the right wife in the UK is well nigh impossible. Most British women not already married are really rather ugly in appearance, personality and values and it is many years since I have found anyone here available even remotely attractive or marriageable. Most of them prefer to remain single anyway.





I have a 27-year-old Filipina girlfriend who I have known for nearly 5 years. She is from the Visayas, and the difference in attitude towards love and family and children is quite remarkable. We are both practising Catholics; the age gap (taboo in the UK) is nothing special there, and really every other woman at least is attractive and marriageable, rather than 1 in 10,000 in the UK it seems. And they smile at me and make me feel they want me to be there.





I hardly ever get that from British women, who see it as their life's mission to exclude men from everything. Such a pity, since a British soul mate would be perfect. But I know I would die of old age waiting for her to materialise.





It is a dilemma for while I loathe British society and many of its people, I have a deep love for so many parts of my country and its culture which I would be thrilled to show to a foreign wife, as she would be thrilled to see it.





I have been to her country three times, but she is finding it very difficult to get a visa, even for a fortnight's visit to the UK, because the British Government is mean, vindictive, obstructive and really only interested in taking the money, demanding all sorts of hoops to jump through, and then refusing the visa without a right to appeal. We will have another go for Christmas if she can get time off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment