Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any place to get married in europe same as las vegas?

I want to get married without all the hassle on 08/08/08 but we are in Europe.





Does anyone know a country or city that encourage people to get married there, therefore would have easier marriage laws?Any place to get married in europe same as las vegas?
I think you might struggle at short notice like this to be very honest





I got married in Norway, but this took over a month to get all the documents - e.g. a statement of non-impediment, and permission to marry at the church where we wanted to get married at, plus registery documents which made it legal in Norway %26amp; also back in both of our home countries (being different nationalities)





I'm not sure which nationality you are? British ?





I quickly googled the statement of non-impediment and this page from Woking county council came up http://www.wokingham.gov.uk/community-li鈥?/a> which pretty much confirms that my situation was/is normal for weddings in Europe and that it takes 3+ weeks to get the statement.





Therefore if you would like to stick to the date (and I can imagine why - it is a great date to have!), then I would advise you check the regulations in your own country first (as of course you would want it to be legal upon your return) and if it is going to be a problem, then look at something different - e.g. a small chapel in the middle of Scotland/Ireland or Gretna Green, or something like that.





Granted it's not Las Vegas, but I think you may have to comprimise the date or the location.





I wish you both much luck %26amp; happiness either wayAny place to get married in europe same as las vegas?
I agree with one of the answerer that with the short notice, it could be a bit difficult, but I guess nothing is impossible and if there is the will, there will be a way :) Anyway, you will definitely need the necessary documents verified and officially translated.





My friends would probably say Amsterdam in the Netherlands would be a bit like Vegas in the US, but I am personally not much into that although I liked the city and its atmosphere. I am from Slovakia, by the way. Good friends of mine got married during their vacation in Cuba, right at the Slovak consulate, maybe that could be a way? Select a destination of your likes and try to call your embassy there, I am sure they would help you.





...BTW, my personal favorite would be Scotland, my girlfriend and me, we have been already discussing that, and both love the idea. I even met a surfing instructor, who organizes weddings at the beach in Northern Scotland :)
Back in the 70's of last century, there was a place in Denmark, where members of the US-Forces in Germany could legally marry a German girl, without any previous formalities involved, as there used to be as prescribed by German or DOD directives.


I just don't remember the name of the town anymore, but maybe some other Yahoo contributors will.
i'm sure you can get married in a courthouse or public recorders office. you can do that anywhere in the US. i've never been to europe but i'm sure there is something similar.
Maybe you could get on a ship, and have the captain do the job...I think that still works...some cruiser in the Mediterranean? Romantic!
lotsa people get married in croatia.. could also try the Hintersee in germany
Monte Carlo - EXPENSIVE!
I assume Netherlands
at one point u could do it in Gretna green Scotland not sure about now?


but other wise in England u need to get a license X amount of days before hand
u should go to iceland is sooo beautiful...i was born there...beautiful...at the blue lagoon
amsterdam. Its in the netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment