Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am in the army I was married 3 weeks ago in Las Vegas. Big mistake. Can I file for divorce in my home of WA?

I am stationed in New Mexico currently, but have not been there the 6 MO residency requirement. Can I file for divorce in my home state of Washington?I am in the army I was married 3 weeks ago in Las Vegas. Big mistake. Can I file for divorce in my home of WA?
go back to vegas and get a divorce-quickerI am in the army I was married 3 weeks ago in Las Vegas. Big mistake. Can I file for divorce in my home of WA?
If you are active duty you can file in a few places, from my knowledge. You can file in your hometown, the state you're stationed in, or where you lived prior to enlisting (if you were a legal resident)


You may be qualified to file for an annulment, depending on the specifics of the marriage and why you're divorcing. The reasons for annulments vary by state, but usually include polygamy, incest, duress, fraud, mental illness or lack of consummation.
Ask your CO, or find a family law attorney who can help you.





If you're lucky, you can just get an annullment (which is like it never happened).





Thank you for serving, Soldier.





*big hug*
The best advice is to return to the scene of the crime... Go to Vegas, get it annulled. If you can't do that , contact your friendly JAG, they can help with anything.. Thank you for your service.
Don`t know, but you should be able to get an anulment, and that is free..

No comments:

Post a Comment