Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How did I handle this situation with a married friend?

My married friend (about to get a divorce) expressed and interest in me and wants to have a relationship with me. I told him that I did too but now was not the right time. If he ever becomes 100% single then we could talk and that I will keep my distance for now. He agreed. My girlfriends said I probably turned him off, was too assertive and should have been softer on him or gone out with him regardless. What do you think? I have not heard from him but he is probably involved in his mess and I should not interfere.How did I handle this situation with a married friend?
I think you handled it well.. the fact is, right now he's probably rebounding and you don't need to get caught up in that.. you did what you felt was right.. if he's not willing to wait, he's not worth your time.How did I handle this situation with a married friend?
V, you are doing the right thing because there will be no issues once he is divorced. Also, make sure that you see the copy of the decree as well. If he wants you, he will get it done. Some of your friends are not thinking about your feelings if it doesn't goes well. The reason why you are not hearing from him is because he wanted to see if he can get you caught up in the mess as well.
I think you did the right thing. One he is still married. Two you don't want to to be the rebound girl. If he is really interested in you then he will respect your wishes and get a hold of you when he is through his divorce.
Stick with your strategy. You are 1000% accurate to let him get his divorce straight before engaging in any relationship with him. You don't want to be crutch or rebound.
When he's legally divorced then he can express interest in you or anybody else.





Until then....stir clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment